New Here? LIKE Natural Health Beauty on Facebook to get daily updates about health & beauty recipes using the most natural ingredients. Follow our board on Pinterest (beautynhb) too. It’s fun and exciting!
The holidays are fast approaching and that means that you will have several people on your list that you need to buy gifts for. One of the nicest things you can give to your friends is a gift that you take the time to make for yourself.
The following homemade beauty gifts are all great ideas for your friends, but be sure and make a little extra so you can keep some for yourself.
Homemade Sugar Scrub
1. Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub (labels included) ~ Body scrubs are always welcome gifts for friends and for Christmas stockings. You can make the beautiful peppermint candy cane scrub here and give the joyous smells and luxurious feelings of the holidays that will last all year.
2. Cherry Blossom Sugar Scrub ~ The cherry blossom sugar scrub at Lezoemusings.wordpress.com is economical and makes a fabulous gift. In stores these types of scrubs can cost more than sixty dollars, but it only takes a few dollars to make this one at home.
3. Lemon Sugar Scrub ~ The lemon sugar scrub found at Zitzmanfam.blogspot.com will awaken your senses and leave your skin feeling better than ever before. Exfoliation never smelled or felt as good as it does with these lightly scented scrubs.
Simple Homemade Body Spray
4. Orange Blossom & Bohemian Momma Patchouli Body Spray ~ Homemade body sprays make excellent gifts for teens, young girls, and adults alike. You control the strength of the scent and you give them something unique and scrumptious. Try the ones at Thetastyalternative.com.
Many people are allergic to the perfumes and commercial scents that are sold, and many people simply cannot afford to pay the prices the stores charge for a decent body spray. Give your friends ones made from essential oils and they can afford to have several different varieties so they can wear what they like on different days.
Homemade Natural Lipstick
5. Red Rose Lipstick ~ Lipsticks are types of makeup that most women like and you can make incredible colors from natural ingredients like the amazing red lipstick from HumbleBeeAndMe. The dark red colour made from Australian red reef clay and mixed with a few drops of peppermint essential oil. What on earth could be lovelier than that?
Homemade Natural Shampoo
6. Homemade Dry Shampoo for Light and Dark Hair ~ There are many occasions when a dry shampoo comes in handy. You can craft a wonderful smelling and intensive working dry shampoo for your friends like the one at Themodestmomblog.com.
The dry shampoo has enough cocoa in it to make it leave a delightful aroma behind in your hair. You will smell the wafts of cocoa as you go about your day and cannot help but smile when you do.
Homemade Lotion Recipe
7. Homemade Body Butter With Essential Oils ~ A good conditioning body butter can make the skin of your friend feel pampered. The recipe at Rawmazing.com will provide you with one of these butters that you will be delighted to give, and to get. Dry skin can become very painful if it is allowed to get out of control. This body butter will eliminate the chances of your friends having skin that becomes painfully dry. They will thank you every time they apply it.
Natural Lip Balm
8. Clove and Cinnamon Lip Balm ~ Winter time dry lips are one of the major complaints that men and women both suffer. Making the amazing lip balm at Myerrymessylife.com will provide you with excellent options to give your friends lip balms made from natural ingredients.
Dry lips are not just uncomfortable or unsightly; they can actually allow secondary infections to enter your body when your lips crack open. To prevent this from happening everyone has to get in the habit of applying lip balm on a regular basis. Lip balms can also help to prevent the lips from becoming sun-dried and sun burned in the summer months.
Homemade Foot Soak
9. Mint Lime Foot Soak ~ A great gift for everyone on your list is the mint lime foot soaks as seen at Echoesoflaughter.ca. The invigorating mint leaves the feet not only feeling smooth, but feeling alive and rejuvenated.
Nothing takes away the stress of a hard day like soaking your feet in a refreshing foot soak. These homemade soaks are far less expensive than the ones you buy at the mall, and they are better smelling too.
10. Energizing Herbal Bath Bag ~ Make a gift for your friends that will help them to re-energize on those long hard days that never seem to end. The energizing bath mixture at Frugalgranola is made of rosemary, peppermint, basil, lemon rind, oats and other key ingredients.
Now, start to make it…
When you soak in these delightful herbs the result is a revitalized you that is full of energy and ready to face the rest of the day. Your friends will thank you and they may bring you back the empty container in hopes that they can get a refill.
The high prices of things like beauty products have more and more people choosing to stop buying them. A person with a little ingenuity can make these items for their friends, family, and co-workers for just a few pennies, and give them a gift they will truly appreciate. Being frugal is not the most “in” thing, and being frugal while giving an extraordinary gift is superb!